Round two! And encouragement for others!

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

teresa9551

Round two! And encouragement for others!

Post by teresa9551 »

On July 10th I was diagnosed with my first case of iritis. Thought it was pink eye. Boy was I surprised! Started on the pred forte; acular and dilating drops. And spent alot of time in the dark due to the light sensitivity. I thought my opthamologist was crazy. I had never heard of anything like this until I found this site. Then this past week I woke up with the same symptoms in my other eye. At first I thought I was just being paranoid but within about 6 hours it was obvious that my right eye had been jealous of all the attention my left eye was getting and wanted to join in the party! I called my husband and told him my one good eye was now my second bad eye. He didn't find the humor in it! He went with me to the doctor and came away more discouraged than I did. I think him hearing it from a doctor rather than from me, made it hit home. But my opthamologist is great and very compassionate and concerned. He's meeting with my GP this week to go over my complete medical history and feels the next course of treatment is to get me in with a rheumatologist. He feels certain (due to other medical issues not outlined here) that there's something else going on within my body. SO....to all you who are suffering, I strongly encourage you to keep fighting until you find the right doctor. I know it's discouraging. I went through it years ago with other medical problems but when you find the right one who's willing to listen to you and help you no matter what
it makes all the difference in the world! I never realized how important my feet were until I spent 6 weeks in a wheelchair and I never realized how important my vision was until it was comprimised! Don't give up hope! The right doctor is out there!!
Teresa