Second Attack?

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Lil Sis

Second Attack?

Post by Lil Sis »

I was diagnosed with my first bout of iritis in my left eye last August. Yesterday I noticed that my left eye felt a little irritated, but I've been suffering with allergies lately and didn't think much of it. This morning my eye was hurting and watering like crazy and was very sensitive to light. After about 15 minutes it stopped and now just sort of feels like there is something in my eye. It doesn't really hurt right now, but I was wondering if I may be coming down with a second bout of iritis. I don't recall injuring my eye or getting anything in it. Should I call my doctor or wait to see what happens? Am I just being paranoid?
Lil Sis
Mike Bartolatz

Call the OPTHALMOLOGIST

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

it could well be the start of a bout of uveitis. Call the opthalmologist and get in right away as the sooner it is treated the less chance of damage to your eye. with a history of uveitis you should have a 'standing' appointment, when you suspect changes you are gotten in right away, NOT a month from now.

Only the opthalmologist through examining your eye through the Slit Lamp can tell if you are infalmmed.

I hope this helps,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz