Drug allergies and Iritis

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

johnnygreengo

Drug allergies and Iritis

Post by johnnygreengo »

Hello,

I have had Iritis for roughly 20 years. It occurs usually once a year in the spring and lasts for about 3 weeks. However, I did not have an episode last year and was hoping I was out of the woods. Anyway, about two years ago, I developed allergies to pain meds: All nsaids, aspirin, and a slight one to acetamitophen. I also found out that I was allergic to dramamine.

I have been through all the work-ups. I am hla-b27 possitive, but I don't remember my rhemetoid factor. I am having another work-up done to see if they can find anything else going on. I don't understand why I would have developed any med allergies. I anyone has any possible information on med-allergies and Iritis, I would appreciate hearing about it.

Thanks,

JohnnyGreengo