alternative drugs

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Diane

alternative drugs

Post by Diane »

I have read your posts about taking preventive drugs to prevent iritis flareups. Now that the drugs (Vioxx, etc.) have been taken off the shelves is there a natural alternative to these drugs. I have read a tiny bit about serrapeptase as an alternative to antiinflammatory drugs. Do you know anything about serrapeptase? I have a flareup about once a year that has been going on for about 9 years and I would sure like to stop the flareups. Thanks for all your information.
Mike Bartolatz

i don't know anything about this 'drug'

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Celebrex is still available as are Indomethacin and Voltaren.

mike
Mike Bartolatz
Brian

Drugs

Post by Brian »

Voltaren gave me serious gut ulcers and Indomethacin is also known for doing serious damage to the human gut. That leaves Celebrex.
micheline

Re: alternative drugs

Post by micheline »

hello - I have suffered with idiopathic iritis for over five years. I was at the point where I could never wean myself off the steroidal eyedrops or I would flare up again. In June I reluctantly and skeptically began to visit a Traditional Chinese Medicine doctor in Toronto. Besides acupuncture, he prescribed Ming Mu formula (along with varying other herbal supplements) and Serrapeptase. Though my eye is not 100%, it is greatly improved. I have not had to go back on the steroid drops now for three months or more. For me, that is remarkable. I have no idea how long I will take these supplements but, for now, I am relieved at the success I have had thus far.
vancouver

Re: alternative drugs

Post by vancouver »

Studies show that acupuncture does not beat placebo . I would say it is fraud. Im sorry your iritis is so chronic. Assuming your not a shill, try celebrex.