New to forum

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Bev

New to forum

Post by Bev »

I thought I would introduce myself now that I have put my half a cent in here and there :D
I have had iritis for 10 years now. My first bout started days before I had a miscarrage (please don't mistake that for a plea for sympathy :oops: ). It took almost one year for that flare up to go away. and for 2 years after that every February I would have another flare up that would take about six months to go away. In that time HLAB27 testing was done and yes I have it. For the last 7 years I have had NO flare ups, until 2 weeks ago This flare up is different though... I only have a red eye in the AM, as the day goes on... the redness disappears, I have no light sensitivity....and no achy pressure feeling. Seems to good to be true! So I am waiting for it to all come on.

Best wishes to all,
Bev
Mike Bartolatz

Red eye

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Bev, welcome to the group! you might want to get an exam to see if you are experiencing iritis or allergy. hopefully you DON"T have a flare of the iritis. you should have an exam twice a year even when you don't think you are in flare of the iritis. other things live vascularizatation of the retina can start to appear and you wouldn't know it. the Pars plana can become inflammed to and you wouldn't know it.

wish you the best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz