introducing myself

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

morilyn

introducing myself

Post by morilyn »

I was diagnosed with bilateral iritis 2 years ago. The first flare up was a week after lasik surgery. I was put on pred forte and some other drops. Then my eye pressure started building and there was a concern about glaucoma. I went through blood work for autoimmune disease ( i believe), herpes, and other test. Everything came back negative. I have had a few mappings of my eye's nerve and nothing has changed in two years (still healthy).
I have narrowed the cause down to possibly topamax and stadol being the cause. I had been taking topamax (200mg daily) and stadol (prn)for migraines for four years. When I became pregnant 5 months after the lasik, I discontinued all medicines, eye drops, and topamax. Then all eye symptoms stopped.
Now, I started topamax again after giving birth. Almost daily, sometimes 2 times a day, both eyes (mostly one) will become painful, red, and weeping. This last about 2/3 minutes.
I don't know what to do now. I am not taking any medicines now. I am concerned about my eye health.
Mike Bartolatz

Re: introducing myself

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

http://www.mdsupport.org/library/effects.html topamax is listed as cause of uveitis.
Mike Bartolatz