Hello

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

KStarr

Hello

Post by KStarr »

Hello, just wanted to introduce myself. I had my first case of Iritis start about 3 weeks ago. At first I thought I just had a really bad migraine in my left eye and went to bed only to wake up to a red, painful eye. I went to urgent care and was told it was an infection and given antibiotic drops. After 4 days of feeling like someone was stabbing me in my eye and working in the dark because of the light sensitivity, I finally went to my eye dr who immediately knew what the real problem was. I was put on steroid drops every 2 hours for 5 days as well as a dilating drop. After the 5 days I went back in for a check up and was told to taper off the drops over the next week. I have been off the drops for 4 days and while the pain and redness are gone, I still have blurry, cloudy like vision in my affected eye. I'm hoping it clears up over the next few days as it is very annoying. While talking to the eye dr, he mentioned a connection of Iritis and autoimmune diseases. I do not have any specific symptoms of any or any family history, however, I do have a large patch of Vitaligo and have had it for over 20 years. It appeared after a bout of severe Epstien Barr while I was in elementary, I basically slept through half of 6th grade. I also had food and environmental allergies appear about 2 years ago out of no where. Because of these issues, my eye dr recommended that I go have some testing done ASAP to see if there is something causing all these issues. I have an appointment next week and have read so much stuff out there that has really overwhelmed me. I am so thankful to have found this site, it has provided me with more information and resources than I ever imagine I would find. Thank you to you all and I hope to learn more as I go through this journey.
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Hello

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Welcome to the group!
i'm glad my efforts here to provide information and support are helpful to you. ask any questions and I'll do my best to help you to understand much of this as it can be very confusing to say the lease. the main thing is to know that you are NOT ALONE and that others will reach out to you for support.

take care,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz