iritis

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

lewis0904

iritis

Post by lewis0904 »

dr dawson in sevierville tn he diagnosed me with fuchshetrochromatic iritis ,i do not have insurance wich makes it hard to see my doc and my recent flair up has caused me to be out of work for a month i drive a truck for a living, as this disease progesses it is getting near impossible to read, drive etc.. it really affects my side vision when it is at its worse i have to wear sunglasses in the house the sun makes me very sick not to mention the miagraines, it makes the ocular pressure in my eye very painfull i have had lesions around my pupils to where it warps my pupils wich is very painful when i have to use dialation drop it makes it near impossible to see at all it doesnt respond well to prednisone anymore if anyone has any advice i would be very thankful i feel like im going blind
Mike Bartolatz

Re: iritis

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Tennessee
R. Christopher Walton, MD Background Publications
Department of Ophthalmology
University of Tennessee College of Medicine
956 Court Ave., Room D228
Memphis, TN 38163
Tel: (901) 448-5883 | Fax: (901) 448-1299

Stephen J. Kim, MD
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Vanderbilt Eye Institute
2311 Pierce Avenue
Nashville, TN 37203
Email

lewis, please make an appointment with one of the above doctors. Fuch's heterochromic iridocyclitis is a rather begnine condition that doesnt have a lot of adhesion or inflammation. it sounds like you have more going on and it might require systemic treatment to control and get it quieted down.
If you are close to Memphis, Dr Walton is pretty good. I don't know anything about dr Kim as no one has been at this site how has had him treat them.

get some wrap around polarized sunglasses to wear both inside and out. if you require corrective lenses, they make 'fit over' your glasses sunglasses and you can buy them at any large Drug store. they fit snuggly to the face keeping light from entering behind the glasses. I use dark Green ones outside on sunny days and brown tinted ones on overcast days and inside to cut down glare from my computer screen and for fluroescent lighting.
they cost about 20 dollars at Walmart and are in the sunglasses area. they have side shields with lenses in them. ugly as hell but you eyes will love you for getting them especially since you drive for a living. the optical dept at Walmart sells a better quality fit over by Polar Optics that are great for FISHING too! ya can see those critters swimming in the streams and shallows.

hope this helps,
mike
Mike Bartolatz
Mike Bartolatz

Re: iritis

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

FHI is associated with the Rubella virus which causes Mumps. the virus has been isolated by DNA testing of material inside the eye. it is usually treated with steroid eyedrops when it flares up. one can have clumps of cells called Keratic precipitates on the back of the Cornea. this go away in time.
membranes can sometimes grow so it is important to get followups to make sure these aren't developing. in very difficult cases it is treated with a vitrectomy which removes material the fills the eye to stop the inflammation along the pars plana region and to eliminate the floaters.

wish you the best,
mike
Mike Bartolatz