Just an introduction

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

CaliGirl

Just an introduction

Post by CaliGirl »

Hi Everybody! My name is Sara and I'm fairly new to Iritis. I was diagnosed this past March (2011) with Iritis. Two months after I finished the prednisone treatments, I had another flare-up which meant another round of prednisone. My opthamologist has run some tests, but so far he hasn't found an underlying cause for the disease. He said that about 50% of the people diagnosed never know why they have Iritis and that I probably fall within the 50%. I'm hoping that the flare-ups don't continue on this every-two-month cycle ~ it's painful and frustrating! I'm happy to have found this site ~ there's a lot of good information and it's nice to know that I'm not alone in this journey!
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Just an introduction

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Sara,
WELCOME to the group!
get checked for the HLA B27 gene often associated with autoimmune, (IDEOPATHIC) uveitis. iritis is also known as anterior uveitis and when this gene is present it causes inflammation that 'ping pongs' between eyes. if this is the case a treatment protocol has been developed using Non STeroidal ANti Inflamatory drugs, NSAIDS which can often treat the inflammation and stop the recurrent nature of the beast known as iritis/uveitis.

We are here to help you through this so ask any questions you may develop. and YES IT IS GREAT to know that we are NOT ALONE with this stuff.

Wishing you quiet eyes,
Mike Bartolatz
Mike Bartolatz