New Member Info

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

drayome

New Member Info

Post by drayome »

My name is Darlene, I'm 46. I was diagnosed with Iritis (HLA B27 Pos) about 2 1/2 years ago. Misdiagnosed at first... I had severe eye pain with photo phobia, redness, treated with steroid eye drops. I was seen by a Rhemutologist and given an Rx for Colchicine (0.3 - 0.6 mg) to suppress eye inflammation. I had a few more attacks and the steroid drops help the severe symptoms. Currently having chronic low grade eye pain/ache with slight photo phobia, and occasional redness.
Mike Bartolatz

Re: New Member Info

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Welcome to the group!
do you have gout associated with the arthritis?
I'm not familiar with cohchine to treat uveitis as it treats uric acid build up rather than inflammatory cells related to uveitis if I recall correctly.
usually NSAIDs are tried first when one has HLA B27 related uveitis. if they don't work then one moves on to DMARD drugs like Methotrexate etc.

wish you the best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz