iritis and neck pain

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

chummy76

iritis and neck pain

Post by chummy76 »

Hi ,
Im darleen and I was diagnosed having iritis april of 2010, before I experienced blurry vision I suffered neck pain and migraine on my left head. i was tested for auto immune disease and all came back negative. Then dr even tested me for inflamation but nothing came out in the bloodtest. My dr said im a mystery. I need help. I tried 3 drs already and still cant find any answer. Now my left eye has a cataract due to the inflamation and steriod drops. scared having cataract surgery . im feel very helpless, need some leads. I live in Minnesota USA
Mike Bartolatz

Re: iritis and neck pain

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Darleen,
Neck pain can often be related to forms of arthritis related to uveitis. do you have arthritis elsewhere in your body? do you have GI distress? do you have psoriasis or psoriatic arthritis? ankylosing spondylitis? Have you been tested for the HLA B27 gene sometimes found in these conditions as well as uveitis? Have you added Non Steroidal anti inflammatory drugs to see if they can quell the inflammation>
has the uveitis only been in one eye? has the pressure gone up in the eye from the uveitis or from the steroids? how much adhesion if present do you have? does your pupil still dilate?
have you been tested for viruses and bacteria? do you have stomach ulcers ( often the H Pylori pathogen causes anterior uveitis)
has the herpes sx virus been ruled out?
have you been tested for things that might explain headache besides arthritis such as Takayasu's arteritis? amyloidosis or other clotting factors?

wish you the very best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz