I thought it was pink eye! (introduce myself)

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

solrak29

I thought it was pink eye! (introduce myself)

Post by solrak29 »

Hello everyone,

Just introducing myself and providing some background on how I go here to this board.

I ran into this board after doing some research to see what is going on with my eye. It
all began when I felt something hit my eye. I didn't see it nore did it hurt enough to be
worrysome. My eye was irritate and felt like something was in it constantly. I thought
it was my contacts (I had similiar issue with my contact before) and so I decided to
give the contacts a break. Then I woke up in the morning and the light was just blaring
to me. I just figured that I had pink eye. My friends noticed that my eye was red the
day before and just figured that my contacts was an issue. There was pain as I felt
my eye adjust to certain views and the bright sun didn't help. I was thinking to myself,
"wow, now this is how pink eye feels...".

The only problem to me was that it was painfull (not debilitating, but enough to let me know
that something was wrong). So I did some initial research and found that my symptoms was
not pink eye. I had no mucous, or build up that was usually associated with it. I read about
uvetis and immediately freaked myself out. So I calmed down and said that I would just see
my eye doctor on Tuesday. My eye doctor was aware of my past issues with my contacts and
she immediately thought that this was the case. After some investigation, with her microscope
and the "blow" test, she confirmed that it wasn't pink eye, but an inflamation. She wasn't exact
on telling me what was going on but the medication (Alrex) she has me taking told me right
away...plus, I took a peek at my diagnosis sheet and that is where I saw "irits" marked.

Many web sites said that I should investigate and rule out any other underlying causes so I consulted
her and my family doctor and they both said that they don't know the cause and there is no need
to pursue anything else. My medical doctor figure it was contact thing, but he didn't really look at as
close as my eye doctor. By the time I saw my eye doctor, the eye was losing it's redness and the pain
and light sensistivity had subsided over the weekend. But my eye doctor saw that it was inflamed.
The next weekend, I felt the something in right eye, now this time it was a build up of mucous. I removed
it with a tissue and it subsided that day. I am really questioning, "what is happening here...".

I have been taking the Alrex for some time now and today my eye doctor confirmed that things are
back to normal. Yet, she says there is no explanation as to why this occured. She said it was, "idiosymptomatic".
Now I am tapering off my use of the Alrex and she said that I should be fine and can go back to
wearing my contacts after the Alrex.

So I am still concerned because of the underlying causes I read about and other symptoms with myself
that doctors have not shown too big of deal about. My blood work is normal except for my triglycerides
and low quantities of this "master" antioxidant. I did a vd panel and have not heard anything.

So in the end, I am little worried and glad to see such a website like this that supports this with the most
up to date informaton and other people who have suffered the same condition.

So hello everyone...
Mike Bartolatz

Re: I thought it was pink eye! (introduce myself)

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

trauma is probably the cause of your iritis. if it caused a pathogen to enter the eye, that could also be a cause but that would require a cut to occur. trauma can cause sight threatening iritis so if this comes back make sure you get into the opthalmologist right away.
do you have dry eyes which could explain the mucous? was blepharitis mentioned which can be caused by a bacteria or virus etc?

please join us in the General Discussion forum by clicking on Board Index above left side of the screen.

wish you the best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz