Cellcept and live vaccines

Addtional information on drugs and medications.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Lulu

Cellcept and live vaccines

Post by Lulu »

I'll ask the eye doc when I see him next week but was wondering if you knew if I should avoid people who have recently had a live vaccine while I am on cellcept( I have not yet started on it). My child is due for a chicken pox shot and her pediatrician doesn't want to give it to her until I have clearance from my doctor.
Thank you.
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Cellcept and live vaccines

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

you should not be in close contact with anyone with a live vaccination from what I recall while on cellcept or any other form of chemotherapeutic meds. especially family members. keep hand sanitizers with you at all times and if you fly, take a train or other public transportation,, take a MEDICAL mask to wear.
most people never have a problem with this type of thing however so don't get stressed out. just play it safe. Murphies law applies to my life, what can happen will.
I don't know how long you would have to wait before starting cellcept if you daughter gets the vaccine prior to you starting it.
Please call your prescribing doctor for input.

Wish you the best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz
Lulu

Re: Cellcept and live vaccines

Post by Lulu »

Thank you- that is what my daughter's pediatrician said. I will check with my doctor when I see him next week.