arthritis

Addtional information on drugs and medications.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

fridaxx

arthritis

Post by fridaxx »

What is the difference between arthritis medicines Mobic and Celebrex? I take 200 mg Celebrex every day for arthritis. My RN friend says she takes Mobic 15 mg and it is the only arthritis medicine her hospital prescribes since it is safer and works better than Celebrex. I want to know why it is safer and what, if any, are the side effects?
Last edited by fridaxx on Fri May 08, 2009 2:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Bartolatz

Re: arthritis

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

you will need to discuss this with your doctor.
celebrex is given 200 twice a day to treat uveitis. I don't know mobic is effective in treatment of uveitis. other NSAIDS that work with uveitis are Difusinal, Naprosyn and Indomethacin ER.
Celebrex is a COX1 and COX2 inhibitor, targeting two types of inflammation and is easier on the stomach for many people. all nsaids have side effects and doctors have to monitor systems to make sure they don't cause damage to internal organs etc.
one drug may work very well for one person and not work for another. much of this is trial and error in an effort to figure out what works for any given person.

you can ask your question of Dr Foster at http://www.uveitis.org in his ASK DR FOSTER forum. DR Foster is the foremost Ocular Immunologist in the USA. the above drugs are the ones he uses in his Practice at MERSI.

wish you the best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz