Adrenal Tumor OH NO!

Post here with questions about other autoimmune diseases or conditions.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

karengiusti

Adrenal Tumor OH NO!

Post by karengiusti »

Well I was diagnosed with Episcleritis back in March (thought it was May) but did get all of my medical records from my PCP as I am switching finally and was reading through it all and man she did NOT like me. I was comparing her notes and my previous doctors notes were in there as well and that doctor liked me but she switched to working two days a week and it was impossible to see her.... anyway................. long story short now have scleritis. Saw Dr. Foster in Cambridge, never started taking the meds he gave me, I hate taking meds and get sick on all of them. Have recently gotten over chronic obstructive bronchitis, saw pulmonoligist she ordered CT scan of lungs, saw the adrenal tumor (already knew it was there) has been for about 3 years. The radiologist ordered an MRI (different hospital now) the old doc and the old hospital knew the size but did nothing about it. I have been sick for years and they always contribute this chest pain, abdominal pain, tingling of arms and legs, paralysis of hip and leg to "fibromyalgia". The scleritis, still no diagnosis as to cause, as I was reading results of an MRI done in July, the radiologist noted signs of osteoarthritis in spine, nothing said to me once again. Bloodwork comes back negative although some of my counts on CBC from bloodwork done four times in the past year just keep going higher and higher. So back to the adrenal tumor 4 x 3 CM, having an MRI monday night and can not figure out what they are going to do with this as I am having even worse symptoms now - flank pain, personality changes (this has been pointed out to me at work) and by my mother of course, I have felt that lump in my abdomen for years - Gastro doc just said yeah it's nothing. To be honest back then I had no clue where the adrenal glands were or that was what it was. I also have pain in my neck on right side that radiates up and to the top of my head. MRI of pituatary gland unsuccessful due to aneursym clip blocking it and unable to see it with the MRI. I am once again so frustrated. I think more so from all of the doctors notes and seeing all of the lies that are told in them - I mean some of those things written just aren't true - these are words out of my mouth, like my daughter was taken away from me.. apparently she was not listenting to me when I was talking to her. My daughter was NEVER taken away from me - Okay once again, just venting. And if anyone knows anything about an adrenal tumor please do tell. Oh yeah, I was on Steroids for six weeks recently as well. That was probably not so good for the adrenal tumor. :(
Karen
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Please follow doctor Foster's recommendation for medications. he wouldn't give you anything if you didn't NEED it.
oral steroids cause personality changes.
i do hope you can find doctors to help you with the other issues of arthritis etc.
Scleritis requires ORAL NSAIDS to stop. topical corticosteroids won't help.
usually Celebrex, dolobid etc are given which can work for the Scleritis and provide a steroid sparing approach to treatment of uveitis and help with arthritis pain too so the CBC should be improved as well.

Wish you the best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz