M. Durighello, Welcome to the group

This is a place where parents can interact and gain support for medical, emotional and ongoing issues with School.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Mike Bartolatz

M. Durighello, Welcome to the group

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Dear M Durighello, WELCOME TO THE GROUP!

yours is a very sad situation with a young boy now with glaucoma problems from a steroid only approach to treatment. today there are MANY more medications to treat chronic or recurrent uveitis and the literature is replete with the need to get aggressively treat using chemotherapeutic immunomodulation to prevent Glaucoma, cataracts, cystoid macular edema, retinal detachment etc. I suggested that you contact Dr Foster in Cambridge, Mass. USA for a consultation. HE IS THE BEST ocular Immunologist in the World. It might not be too late to save what remains of your childs vision. once again he can be contacted through his website: http://www.uveitis.org

wishing you and your child the very best,
Mike Bartolatz
Mike Bartolatz
rtaunton

Dear M Durighello

Post by rtaunton »

Welcome! I am in Hawaii on a family vacation, but am leaving today. I saw your question posted to Dr. Foster, and really want to encourage you to make the journey to see Dr. Foster in Cambridge. It will change the course that your son is currently on. Dr. Foster will give you a plan for your child which results in a remission of this awful disease. He also will give you back up plans, because everyones journey is different; Medications work differently, upcoming surgeries need to be at the right time, and by following his paradigm eventually you will see the light at the end of the tunnel.

This journey is long with many bumps and road blocks, but with Dr. Fosters help he can help clear some of the brush and make some sense of why you are taking a certain path. I will be flying to MERSI December 20th, if by some small chance you will be there, let me know ;)

Renee'
Renee'
Oregon