Iritis and Lyme disease

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

gapches

Iritis and Lyme disease

Post by gapches »

I've been suffering from iritis for almost two now in my right eye and just recently, it has spread to my left eye. 2 weeks ago, My doctor ordered a series of test which included several vials of blood taken and chest xrays. Test results showed that I have Lyme disease, which my doctor said is probably the root of the iritis. I tested neg for HLA B 27, Tubercolosis, Sarcoid and the list goes on and on. Another thing, my WBC is very low. If anyone has any information pertatining to Iritis and Lyme disease, I would appreciate it.
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

there is information on LYME disease and it's relationship to uveitis. long term antibiotics are required to stop the lyme disease. doxycycline, Minocine or cipro are most often used. hopefully you can get this undercontrol soon as long term consequences of LYME disease are many with vascularization, arthritis and Central nervous system complications. Dry eyes can occur as well and that should be addressed if it is present in your case.

Wish you the very best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz
lnicole

Re: Iritis and Lyme disease

Post by lnicole »

I was also diagnosed with Lyme Disease after 2 bouts of Iritis. Dr. is now sending me to a rheumatologist. I live in Savannah, GA and NONE of the doctors here know anything about Lyme. I was on doxycycline for 3 weeks but am still exhausted, achy, and still am suffering from Iritis. Any info would be most appreciated. Thank you.
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1202521-overview

here is information on treatment of Lyme disease related Ocular inflammation.

I hope this helps,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

http://www.lymeneteurope.org/forum/view ... 6&start=10

one article talks about use of IV antibiotic for 10 days in order to irradicate the Lyme pathogen,

mike
Mike Bartolatz
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Steven Yeh, MD
Assistant Professor of Ophthalmology
Uveitis, Ocular Immunology and Vitreoretinal Surgery
Emory Eye Center
1365B Clifton Rd, NE
Atlanta, GA 30322
Telephone: 404-778-5070