Pilonidal Cyst possible cause?

Post here with questions about other autoimmune diseases or conditions.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

sharkeywolf

Pilonidal Cyst possible cause?

Post by sharkeywolf »

Anyone out there know of any cases or possibilities of a Pilonidal Cyst being the cause of Iritis? Or an infected Pilonidal Cyst? I asked my opthamologist and she said no, she didnt believe them to be linked, but thats the only thing I can think of. There is a history of Thyroid problems in my family but I have never been diagnosed with any Thyroid problems. I am only 24 years old and now living with two terriblly frustrating and recurring diseases. Just wondering if anyone knows of there ever being a link between the two?

thanks!
Last edited by sharkeywolf on Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

http://www.emedicine.com/EMERG/topic771.htm

upon reading about your condition, the differentials include Syphilis and tuberculosis as well as several pathogens that can sometimes appear inside the eye causing uveitis.
you might want to explore these possiblities with your physicians. other than those possibliities I have no other Ideas about your condition.
if you have a history of uveitis, an infection anywhere in your body can trigger a renewed bout. for example if as a child you had 'pink eye' that was actually iritis mis diagnosed by the general practitioner or pediatrician and then later on you have an infection somewhere it could trigger a renewed bout of iritis.

I suggest that you contact one of the Ocular Immunologists that I mentioned in response to your introduction. please print the above Emedicine article and present it to your doctors for review as both TB and Syphilis are DIRECTLY linkned to uveitis.

Wish you the very best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz