The significance of Retinal Vasculitis

Post here with questions about other autoimmune diseases or conditions.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Mike Bartolatz

The significance of Retinal Vasculitis

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Mike Bartolatz
sipmo63

Retinal Sheath

Post by sipmo63 »

Hello, I have a question about the retinal vasculitis. During my first Iritis attack, the opthamologist explained to me that I had "inactive" vasculitis in the back of my eye, stating that at one time the back of my eye had been inflamed. Of course this was greek to me. Now two years later, a second bout of Iritis has come upon me and I am seeing a new ophthamologist, who also discovered something in the back of my eye, which she called a "retinal sheath". I have had the following systemic tests done: PPD, RPR, HIV, Lysosyme, ACE, CBC, Lyme titer, Urinalysis done. All have come back normal. I have an appointment to get HLAb27 and chest x-ray done next week. My question is, has anyone else been told they have inactive retinal sheathing in the back of the same eye that is now experiencing anterior inflammation? What causes the sheathing?
MYEYE
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

the inflammatory response causes changes in the Vascular endothelial growth factor and new blood vessels start growing. certain disease process have this more prevelant than others. MS is one in which this occurs. it is also related to uveitis. posterior uveitis is often related to various autoimmune disease processes. there are about 85 or so things directly related ot uveitis.
keep in the hunt. it can take years or even decades to finally get the causal link figured out. for many Uveitis is an autoimmune disease process unrelated to any other autoimmune disease or pathogen.

because of the vascular sheathing you might consider input by an expert- an ocular immunologist. let me know where you live and I'll suggest the BEST such expert near you. you will most likely have to travel to a Major teaching hospital co located with a Major School of Medicine. there are only about 100 of these experts in the entire World but often their experience and willingness to be pro active in care means less loss of vision down the Road. they can often get some vision back where other doctors say there is no alternative.

Wish you the very best,
mike
Mike Bartolatz