Treatments Not Responding

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Kirinmd

Treatments Not Responding

Post by Kirinmd »

Hi. I'm 27 years old, and young mom and wife, and 2 weeks ago, I was diagnosed with Iritis. I think my doctor's are treating the condition aggressively, but I am not sure. I am on 80 Mg of Predisone (oral), Pred Forte drops every hour, Voltraren every 4 hours, and I take Homatropine 2x a day. My vision hasn't improved in 2 weeks, and I think they are going to start to reduce the Predisone.

No pain, just very poor and cloudy vision. Should I expect this condition to take so long to heal?

I could really use some advice.

Thanks.
Mike Bartolatz

YOur vision will improve

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Once you are cell free and off the drops, you vison should improve dramatically as long as there is no damage to the Macula or clouding of the lens. It takes time to control Uveitis so please be patient. Agressive therapy is the way to go - kick butt quick and then slowly taper the steroids. Know we are here for you and if it returns we can talk about initiation of a steroid sparing approach to get you to remission. You might want to read about this in our glossary as well as in our various information forums.

wish you the best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz