Iritis associated with sarcoidosis

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Trish

Iritis associated with sarcoidosis

Post by Trish »

Today, I was diagnosed with iritis. In February, I was diagnosed with sarcoidosis, stage one. I have it in three organs: liver, lung, stomach. The opthalmologist says iritis is closely associated with sarcoidosis. Has anyone had similar conditions? If so, did you finally have a gallium scan? Are you on any medication for the sarcoidosis? The opthalmologist gave me medicine for iritis.

Trish
Mike Bartolatz

Sarcoidosis and Uveitis

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Please look through the treatment algorithms for 'granulomatus uveitis)
often sarcoidosis presents with other forms of uveitis besides iritis.
the middle and the back part of the eye can become involved as well.

Immunomodulatory drugs can be used to control both disease processes. Antibiotics are also used if bacteria become involved.

there is allot of infrormation available on this topic at various links from this site, Please read through the glossary from A to Z too,

please join the following support group with members undergoing treament for Uveitis and sarcoidosis. there is one child as well as adults with this complex disease process.\
http://pub24.ezboard.com/buveitissupportmeei

I Can help you much easier from that forum. Care by an Ocular Immunologist is highly recommended in your case. You will need someone who is HIGHLY trained in diagnosis and treatment of your disease process.

wish you the very best,
sincerely,
Mike Bartolatz
Mike Bartolatz