Fuchs' Heterochromic Cyclitis

Post here with questions about other autoimmune diseases or conditions.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

snuza

Fuchs' Heterochromic Cyclitis

Post by snuza »

Hello,

I have just received a diagnosis of this, and despite fishing around on google for ages, it's pretty hard to find anything about it that I as a non medical professional can understand. The consultant who gave me the diagnosis couldn't really tell me much about it either, which isn't too reassuring!

Are there any forms of straight-forward information that anyone can point me to. I would even just like to know how common or rare it is!

Thanks in advance.
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/sites/entre ... h=17631266

above you will find an abstract on the Rubella virus as a cause of Fuch's herterochromic cyclitis. with the advent of vaccine for this virus, fuch's has almost completely disappeared here in the USA. I'll find some supporting articles for you to read,

becaused pigment is sloughed off of the iris which can plug the drain called the trabecular meshwork, elevated intra ocular pressure can result causing glaucoma.
should you start seeing RAINBOWS around lights, get in immediately to the opthalmologists so that appropriate treatment can result.

the massive floaters related to this that sometimes occur, may require that vitrectomy, removal of the fluid inside the eye be done.

Wish you the best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz