Well I get blood work done tomorrow

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

specedteacher

Well I get blood work done tomorrow

Post by specedteacher »

I had another minor flare-up this week so my eye doctor ordered blood work (CBC, ESR, HLA-B27, & ANA). She feels that nothing will show up. but she wants to be sure.

As of now my eye is clear again and I will be off the meds in a week.

I'll let you know what I find out next week.
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

please keep us posted. lets hope this resolves quickly for you and that all tests are negative,

Wish you the best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz
specedteacher

The Results are in!

Post by specedteacher »

Mike,

Got my blood work results today. All tests came back normal. Looks like we're back to valley fever or allergies as the trigger. It's good to know none of the other things showed up.

BTW I'm off the meds and my eye seems to be ok (knock wood). Maybe finishing the meds on a Friday the 13th will be good luck instead of bad :lol:
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

lets hope all remains quiet for you. do keep us posted .

take care,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz
specedteacher

Well in the midst of a very minor flairup

Post by specedteacher »

I'm having a slight flair up now, but other than the slightest twinge on Saturday there has been no pain. There is a little redness, but is responding to the steroids. I'm not even in need of dilation meds as there is no pain and hardly even any sensitivity (and with our sun here in AZ in the summer, that's a major relief). Is it unusual to have an outbreak with such a little amount of discomfort?

Let's hope this is a sign of things to come.

Doc. Sue says I'll be off the medication by Friday if things keep progressing.
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Sorry to learn of your minor flare up of uveitis. perhaps you caught it early enough that the inflammation hasn't caused photophobia to occur. other forms of uveitis can present without redeye and photophobia but effect the middle part of the eye along the pars plana (the innermost portion of the ciliary body) or the choroid. cells would be present in the vitreous to identify them or exudate along their surfaces.

hope this helps,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz