my recovery from iritis

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

gvert

my recovery from iritis

Post by gvert »

Hello, I was diagnosed with iritis for the first time in my life in the middle of Janurary. I had to use the pred forte and the dilating drops to my left eye several times a day. I had not heard of this condition before, so I was unaware that adhesions could form and cause vision loss. Luckily I also saw a cranialsacral therapy doctor who performed some manipulations on me that released the adhesions. The next day that I saw the eye doctor he was impressed and pleased, he told me that he saw adhesions in my eye yesterday (which he didn't tell me about that day), but that they were gone now. When I saw my cranial sacral doctor I had no idea that I had adhesions formed in my left eye, I did however have a sensation of opening and release when she did the manipulations on me. I count myself lucky because I was able to get alternative treatment that helped me, also I am very lucky because I was on the pred forte for about 2 1/2 months and the pressure in my eye did not increase because of it, meaning that I am not a steriod responder. The md that I see that does cranial sacral therapy told me that she got iritis in the past 3 times and told me that it happened to her during times she experienced major life changes, for me that fit, because I was in the middle of moving when I got iritis, my iritis is basicly gone now, and I am on my last week of slowly tapering down my pred forte drops ( I just administer them once a day now). I just wanted to share my recovery with others and encourage everyone who has this terrible condition at least to try once an alternative treatment like cranial sacral therapy while on your regular medication. It helped me and I hope it can also help you.
thanks Elizabeth