shingles- trouble weaning off steroid drops

Post here with questions about other autoimmune diseases or conditions.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Carol

shingles- trouble weaning off steroid drops

Post by Carol »

I had shingles two years ago. Since then it has been pretty much a constant battle with iritis PHN. I am on acyclovir to keep the virus dormant.

Problem is, I have tried to come off the drops, and iritis keeps coming back. I'm on Lotamax (steroid responder), and went from 4x to 3x a day after 4 weeks with no problem. After 2 weeks of 3x day, went to 2x's. Sure enough, after 3 days symptoms came back- first eye pain anisicoria, and finally redness.

Has anyone bee successful in weaning off drops? Is there a protocol for this? Any advise, experience would be helpful. Thanks.
Mike Bartolatz

herpes Zoster uveitis

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

herpes zoster related uveitis can be very difficult to control and steroids may be required of a very long time as well as continued antiviral drugs like acyclovir etc.
you might want to join the following support group where there are several individuals with herpes related uveitis: http://pub24.ezboard.com/buveitissupportmeei
here are names of individuals with Herpes related uveitis: Matt and Maxine are in the UK,
David is from southern California. there are others but these names come to mind and are active at the above site.

wish you the best,
Mike[/code]
Mike Bartolatz