New diagnosed with Essential Tremors and Ankylosing Spondylitis

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

mlynndcats

New diagnosed with Essential Tremors and Ankylosing Spondylitis

Post by mlynndcats »

Crazy year this year. Started out with a new dry eye treatment - LipiFlow. It worked extremely well. Went from 4 glands working to 30. Three months later has iritis flare in left eye. Pred Forte treatment. Got better. Two months later iritis flare in right eye. Pred Forte treatment again. Saw my PCP who referred me to neurologist and diagnosed with Essential Tremors. Crazy since I am only 37. Right eye got better. One month later iritis flare in left eye again. Eye doctor advised me to get more testing done. Was then refereed to a rheumatologist who diagnosed me with Ankylosing Spondylitis. Also have scoliosis. Will start Humira as soon as my insurance approves it. Still on Pred Forte twice a day. My rheumatologist said I already have enthesis and should skip methotrexate and start with Humira. I am HLA-B27 negative. Does anyone have any idea how well Humira works? Anyone tried it? Little overwhelmed by all that is happening. Any suggestions for diet or exercise? Guess I am happy to finally know what was wrong, just scared of the future.
vancouver

Re: New diagnosed with Essential Tremors and Ankylosing Spondylitis

Post by vancouver »

Try:
https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/uveitissupport/

There should be Spondylitis forums as well. This forum is dead.
Randyingausa

Post by Randyingausa »

I am convinced th as t diet plays a huge roll. I have been dealing with uveitis for 35 years. My vision is horrible. I resently found a diet that made me steroid free for the first time. I searched "aip diet", select paleo mom. The diet is hard and you will lose alot of weight. After a month, ii stopped steroids. As i added foods back some caused flare ups. I would get strict again and all would clear up. I have never been alergic to anything. I found that i am sensitive to several things. Things you thought were healthy foods will cause flare ups. So far i have found soy, eggs, and four or more pieces of fruit or sugar causes flare up.

rbeattyx4@gmail.com
vancouver

Post by vancouver »

Uveitis comes and goes. It's quite random. A lot of very unethical doctors on the net. The first page of Google results is riddled with charlatans.