help

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

peanut_holly

help

Post by peanut_holly »

I had iritis 6 weeks ago, first time. Cleared it up with 2 different drops and ointment in 2 weeks. Now, at 4 weeks later it is back and worse. I am going in later today for a steroid shot to the eye (left) and blood work. Why does this happen repeatedly? I have read some things on the internet and am scared of what I read. Is this serious and what can I expect? Thank you all so very much. Signed, scared and nervous and there is a man behind my left eye with an icepick.
vancouver

Re: help

Post by vancouver »

You might try the yuku uveitis forum. Iritis is the front of the eye so not too serious. Most of the time there is no underlying disease. It occurs randomly so you will have to wait to see how bad it is. It's very important to take the meds exactly as prescribed. It usually stays in one eye.
Any damage will occur over years not in weeks. It can simply go away. Only the very worst cases are posted on the net. Usually people whose pressure goes up with steroid use have the problems. Ie5% of patients.
peanut_holly

Post by peanut_holly »

Thank you so much for your reply. What is uveitis - same as iritis? Right now I am out of work because I can't teach. I can't let any light hit my eye or the icepick man comes back. How long can I expect this level of pain to last? Dr put me on prednisone drops every 2 hours and dilating drops 3xday.
vancouver

Post by vancouver »

The pain should go quick once you start the steroids. Ibuprofen should help. Iritis equals anterior