Question about AIR

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

AddyIris

Question about AIR

Post by AddyIris »

Hello!
I was recently diagnosed with anterior uveitis. I experienced the same symptoms for 5 months on and off in 2013, but I wasn’t diagnosed at the time. Since then, my night vision has deteriorated, I’ve become even more light sensitive and my vision gets foggy sometimes. I also have some floater-ish phenomenon that’s hard to describe.

As of now, they haven’t found a cause for the uveitis via the normal blood tests. I do have Hashimoto’s thyroiditis and fibromyalgia. My fundus exam and angiogram was normal. My ERG was abnormal and showed a delay in my photoreceptors? My doc has some other blood tests out, but we’ve discussed doing antibody testing for autoimmune retinopathy if those tests came back negative.

From what I’ve read, it seems like AIR might match my experience, but because my eyes are atypical (extreme myopia, scar tissue from peripheral retinal laser surgeries, surgery for posterior subcapsular cataract with lens sutured to iris in left eye & right eye removed due to damage from retinal detachment) I’m not sure what symptoms really look like and I’d love to hear some first hand accounts…

These are some of my questions:
Is iritis caused by AIR or just concurrent?
What was the first symptom you noticed?
How quickly did the symptoms of AIR progress for you?
If you’ve experience loss of night vision, have you lost it altogether? Or has it just decreased very noticeably? Does anyone use a cane to help navigate at night?
Do you experience floaters? If so, what kind?
Have you lost enough daytime vision to require low vision aids?

I would really appreciate any other information you could share! I am also posting this on the AIR thread, so sorry if you get a double dose of this! :)
Thank you!!!
GAL

Re: Question about AIR

Post by GAL »

Hi AddyIris,
I posted my response at the other site!
Ann
GAL

Re: Question about AIR

Post by GAL »

sorry meant other thread (not site)