Anti-Inflammatory Effects of CBD

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

aimul

Anti-Inflammatory Effects of CBD

Post by aimul »

I am wondering why there aren´t any discussion about CBD (cannabidiol) treating uveitis/rheumatoid.

What is CBD?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol

About cannabinoids treating diseases
http://i.imgur.com/gDmUuZO.jpg

There is couple of studies according to CBD and uveitis:
Neuroprotective effects of cannabidiol in endotoxin-induced uveitis: critical role of p38 MAPK activation
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2592995/
Here is the shorter one:
http://abstracts.iovs.org/cgi/content/abstract/46/5/972

Conclusions: These results suggest cannabinoids may have a potential role in treating uveitis. Its ability to suppress cytokine release reduces the trigger for ERK activation which may play a critical role in protecting the retina from inflammation and apoptosis due to LPS damage. Non–psychotropic cannabinoids, such as CBD, may provide an alternative therapeutic modality in uveitis without the adverse effects caused by current treatment options.

I
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Anti-Inflammatory Effects of CBD

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

most studies are on uveitis in RATs. once studies have been done on humans to see if this is also possible and SAFE, then we can discuss this.

please don't link to companies peddling stuff at this site, I am removing reference to the company you have linked to.

mike
Mike Bartolatz
aimul

Post by aimul »

Thats true, studies were done in rats. But I think that the smallest concern is safety. Well as everyone know hemp hasnt killed anyone. CBD is neuroprotective, anti-inflammatory... It is given to small children who has epilepsy (google Charlotte´s Web case). And for my record it hasn´t any side-effects. Tell me if you find one.

I wonder if someone who lives in Colorado or Washington and have been diagnosed uveitis has tried CBD extract. And what results.

And please do not confuse CBD with THC. CBD has anti-psychotic effects so it wont get you high.

Here is SC labs picture of cannabinoids:
sparky

Post by sparky »

I've had Crohn's disease for over 40 years and in the last 10 years I have serious bouts of iritis which was treated with steroid eye drops to decrease the inflammation. My iritis was so severe the opthalmologist had never seen such a "rip-roaring" case of eye inflammation. Steroids have given me severe osteoporosis and I was terrified of having to continue using steroids for both Crohn's and iritis. I had read that non-psychoactive CBD tincture has been effective for intestinal inflammation and I wondered if CBD tincture could be effective to decrease inflammation throughout my body and help with iritis.

I began the CBD tincture in Nov. 2014 and my Crohn's symptoms (diarrhea) stopped immediately. In the past the only thing that has worked has been steroids, but the side-effects have been so problematic. I have continued taking two droppers of CBD tincture daily over the last year and not only have my Crohn's symptoms completely subsided, but I have not experienced a return of the iritis. For me this a nothing short of a miracle. My right eye has been severely damaged from the previous bouts of iritis and it was scary knowing that I might lose my eyesight. The high CBD tincture has curbed inflammation throughout my entire body and has saved my vision without any harmful side-effects.

Since the CBD tincture is non-psychoactive I'm able to drive, work, function normally without any negative side effects. I just wanted to pass this info along since steroids can be a real problem when taken repeatedly over a period of time.

Note: The CBD tincture contains alcohol and I only taken by mouth. I do not put the CBD drops in my eye.