Suffering with Iritis

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Cat

Suffering with Iritis

Post by Cat »

Hello:

I was diagnosed with Iritis 7 years ago, after I fell and hit my eye on the corner of a desk. I'm still not sure if its coincidence that the iritis came out two days after the fall or if the fall has caused the iritis. I have battled Iritis for many years and delt with the pain and needless to say I'm sick of the doctors telling me that they can not pin point why I have Iritis. Three weeks ago I had a flare up...I was really upset because prior to that I had not had an outbreak in over two years. :D I thought...I beat it once and for all :D , now I have it worse than ever before, my husband rocks me to sleep at night beacuse I can't stop crying over the intense pain and the thought of loosing my sight. About four weeks ago, right before the iritis outbreak, I had a herpe virus (cold sore) right above my lip. I have never in my life had a cold sore of any type. I went to the doctors got meds and the herpe virus went away. So here I go doing that thing call thinking again!! Does herpes have a direct relation to iritis. My doctor seems to think it's coincidence, becuase she examined me and the herpes virus was not present in my eye, but I'm begining to wonder if herpes simplex I or II is linked to Iritis?

Anyone???? :shock:
Mike Bartolatz

TEsts

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

There is a direct link between the whole family of herpes viruses and uveitis.
herpes simplex can cause uveitis but when it attacks the iris often will be paralyzed (sp)

Acycolovir used to control this is often used with herpes virus related uveitis. there are other drugs like Valcylclovir and Famovir too.

Trauma can definitely induce iritis. Once you have iritis it can be very difficult to control no mater what the cause.

herpes simplex related uveitis is under diagnosed in many parts of the world. testing can be done if necessary to see if the herpes virus is the cause.

If you are in that much pain, are you on a dilating drop to stop the ciliary body spasm????
there is NO reason for having to put up with pain at all.

It sounds like you too need to be seen by an EXPERT instead of the doctors you are now seeing.

Where do you live? perhaps I can suggest one for you,

Wish you the best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz