Hello

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Keegan

Hello

Post by Keegan »

Hello, I've had Uveitis for about two weeks. Can't remember what kind, but as of now, the cause is unknown. And I am waiting for lab work to find out why. I'm taking steroid drops, and dilating drops, and will be starting oral steroid when lab work comes in. At first, the inflmation was at the front of my eye, but now, it's just in the back of my eye. Also at first, I had eye pain, blood shot eye, light sensitivity and slightly blurry vision. Now, I just have super cloudy vision, but the eye itself, looks pretty good.

All I know is that I'm scared as can be. Doctors can't promise me anything.
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Hello

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

kegan,
first of all welcome to the group! sorry you have a complicated form of uveitis going on. it sounds like you might have much more than just iritis too with multiple areas of your eye inflammed. it is very appropriate for your doctor to have done testing right away and as soon as he knows that a bacteria, virus etc isn't the cause he can then start the systemic steroids as you have mentioned.
do any of your family members have any autoimmune diseases going on? where do you live as sometimes there are pathogens in parts of the country that could be considered though not routinely looked for?
do you have exposure to molds, animals etc?

Wish you the best,
mike
Mike Bartolatz