My Iritis

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

junebug101

My Iritis

Post by junebug101 »

Hello! Super glad I found this site, it is very helpful! I am a 36 year old woman who first started to have Iritis about 6 months ago, I went through 3 flares of it thinking it was pink eye, as that is what 2 different doctors told me. It recurred again in July and I headed straight to an opthamologist this time. I was diagnosed with Iritis and put on steriod drops and dialaters. They began running the standard blood tests, which came back with a HLA B27 Positive and a slight positive for ANA. Meanwhile I am now off all eye drops, but am feeling a bit paranoid that my iritis is going to flare again.....getting pink in the same corner as previous times...but I am not sure how to determine when to go to the doc again. I am off to get x-rays of the spine today and am waiting to hear back on my rheumy appointment. Thank you so much for all of the hard work that is put into this site.

Sheila
Mike Bartolatz

Re: My Iritis

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Hi Sheila and Welcome to the group!

with anterior uveitis/iritis one of the first thing people usually notice is that the eye is a bit blurry and they have aversion to light along with the red eye.
this can ping pong between eyes when the HLA B27 gene is present. do you have dry eyes and dry mouth?
did they test you for sjogren's syndrome or systemic Lupus erythematosus antibodies?

ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them for you. you might also consider getting an expert involved in your care, an Ocular Immunologist. there is a list of them at http://www.uveitis.org in the PATIENT information section of the site.

wish you the best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz