medication can

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Rustyfj

medication can

Post by Rustyfj »

Hi have had iritis use all the medication Dr told me to ,woke up one morning could not see went to eye Dr was told had a detached retina,I ask how come ,got the run around first ,but was latter told the reason iritis for 20 years on and off the medication did some damage to the back of the eye detached retina ,have had 3 operations have about 85% of my sight back the rest they fix with glasses ,scary for 6 months not known if would see again one in a million this is the Eye surgeon was great and still is top of his field if he was not hear in my home state I would have had to go to Melbourne Victoria for all the operations,thank god he came to Tasmania Australia,will pop back from time to time to see the post on this web site..
All the best to every one Russell
Hobart Tasmania Australia
Mike Bartolatz

Re: medication can

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Hobart,
welcome to the group!
sorry you developed a detached retina from this. do you have an underlying disease process like the HLA B27 gene that predisposes to iritis?\
often taking an NSAID can help stop the return of it. must be under doctor's supervision though to make sure you are not developing side effects to the drugs.

please do check in from time to time.

take care,
mike
Mike Bartolatz