Lens dislocation

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

rhhawaii

Lens dislocation

Post by rhhawaii »

I had uveitis for a while and developed cataracts. After the uveitis was quiet I went ahead and got cataract surgery for my left eye and the uveitis hasn't ever come back yet for about four years. I just got back from the eye doctor and she said I must have rubbed my eyes too hard or something because my lens is pushed out of place. She told me that if not the lens could fall in the back of the eye and I would need serious surgery and the outcome from her personal experience of this is never good. After she said that I was scared out of my mind and I feel very depressed now because I don't want to lose vision in my eye just for rubbing it too much, since I have really bad allergies. I had to get the lens planted in the front of the eye if i recall, because of the uveitis. I think because of this the lens can be dislocated a lot easier. I was wondering about the current situation im in? Will I be okay and is there a big chance of the lens coming fully detached? Thanks.
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Lens dislocation

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

sorry you are in such a predicament. I don't know what the answer to your question is. perhaps surgery could be done to properly place the lens once again before it completely detaches. do you have dry eyes? with ocular allergy often use of good quality preservative free lubricating eyedrops helps. I have ocular allergy and severe dry eyes and I use Theratears lubricating eyedrops which helps me a lot with this.
they help get the pollen off my eyes.
you could ask your question at Dr Foster's site http://www.uveitis.org
ask a GENERAL question about this topic as personal questions can't be answered because of legal issues.

wish you the very best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz