What is this blob in my vision?

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

sickeyes

What is this blob in my vision?

Post by sickeyes »

Hi Mike

I've not posted for a while even though I have been suffering from continuous Iritis since last November. This post however is regarding an odd eye issue that has been occurring for about a year now and wondered if you had any idea as to what it may be.

I have been getting an intermittent 'blob' appear in the corner vision of my right eye (the one I get Iritis in). This blob isn't a classic floater that I know of. The best way I can explain what it looks like is, if you look into a light bulb for a few seconds then look away you see a colored shape that slowly disappears - well it is kinda like that. It is mostly visible when I blink or look at a plain wall. It can last from a few minutes to an hour, then it will go. I first experienced it about a year ago, then it went for a few months, then it came back and I seemed to have one every day for about a week. Since then I have had a break of several more months, but the other day I had another occurrence. However this time after the shape disappeared from my right eye, a while later I noticed one in my left.

I have not had another episode since but I am concerned as to what it may be, especially now I have had it in my 'good' eye.

Any ideas? Could it be related to Iritis? I have been taking Maxidex almost continuously since November.

Thanks
Mike Bartolatz

Re: What is this blob in my vision?

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

you need to call your opthalmologist and get in RIGHT away as this MIGHT be a sign of problems with your retina. seeing lights can be a sign of retina problems. if it blocks out vision, it could be a vascular problem in the back of your brain. we are GUESSING right now and only an Ophthalmologist has the knowledge and tools necessary to figure out what is going on. it doesn't sound like a migrane with aura as that is usually a mirage like syndrome.
colored lights often float across your vision when the vitreous is trying to detach, this can lead to bleeding inside the eye from retinal tear or detachment. this would be an optical emergency to repair it with a laser. often large black blogs or a curtain will come across your vision if there is bleeding.

wish you the best,
mike
Mike Bartolatz