possible causes of iritis

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

pammy

possible causes of iritis

Post by pammy »

I've had iritis about ten times in my lifetime. Usually once I start using the drops it goes away. This time its not going away. I've used 2 bottles of the 5ml pred forte and now I'm on a bigger bottle 15ml. It's been lingering now for about 3months. I've been tested for sarcoidis, tb, lupus, and some things I can't even remember. I've had breathing test, although there was nothing wrong with my breathing, had a ct, had my blood tested to check my liver, kidneys. My vision is a little off in my iritis eye so I don't drive at night. I'm not sure what I need to be tested for to correct this problem once and for all, but I'm open to suggestions.
Mike Bartolatz

Re: possible causes of iritis

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Pammy. Welcome to the group!
if you can, I suggest you get an Ocular immunologist involved in your treatment so that a corticosteroid sparing approach to treatment can be initiated. it sounds like you might have autoimmune uveitis going on. It also sounds like it might be granulomatus uveitis too as the way it looks inside your eyes may look like what occurs with sarcoidosis or TB or Lupus.
one can have a type of Sarcoidosis without lung involvement called Blau syndrome or Heerfordt's syndrome. the DMARD drug Methotrexate works very well with this type of uveitis. sometime Remicade or Humira are added to the Methotrexate when MTX alone doesn't quiet it down. there is a list of ocular immunologists at http://www.uveitis.org in the PATIENT information section of the site.

please join us in the GENERAL discussion forum. ask questions and join in various topics. know that you are NOT ALONE!

Take care,
mike
Mike Bartolatz