Me, TIA (stroke)

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Mike Bartolatz

Me, TIA (stroke)

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

well I got out of the VA hospital last night after having a transcient ischemic attack, TIA on wednesday morning. it only lasted about 1 1/2 minitues and my vision fully returned, it only affected my right eye. the MRI and MRA didn't show a blockage or leaking blood vessels and the echocardiogram showed a normal heart. the did see a small embolism of 'no significance' on my left lung. . my arteries are clear so the source of the material that blocked the blood flow is unknown. I might have had a small bloodclot somewhere that broke loose and then caused the problem.
I didn't go to the ER immediately because it went away so quickly, won't do that again. I've had so much happen over the years that I shook this often and drove myself 25 miles to the VA hospital in Seattle as I had a routine eye appointment on Wednesday morning at 9:30 am and this happened at 7:15 am.

my eyes are quiet, no signs of vascularization. severe dry eye persists. one unusual thing that they found was elevated serum calcium. I don't drink milk or eat allot of cheese as I have a difficult time with cholesterol.

Wishing all the very best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz