Hello my name is Cindy

Please introduce yourself to others by posting a brief note here. This serves as an archive for the site and helps us keep track of our many participants' situations. You will not get replies to posts placed here. To interact with others, go to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS area of this website.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

cspoohbear

Hello my name is Cindy

Post by cspoohbear »

Hi, my name is Cindy and I have been diagnosed with Iritis just this last Friday. I spent a week being treated for pink eye, but the pain was so bad and my eye was so red, my family doctor sent me to an eye doctor. That is when I was diagnosed. I am not sure what to expect now. The medicine I am on is the dialater and also steroid drops. The pain is gone now, and i am feeling so much better. going bac kto the doctor today to go over my blood work. kinda unsure about all this yet, so anyone that wants to give me advise will be much appreciated.

Thank you
Cindy
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Hello my name is Cindy

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Cindy,
welcome to the group! hopefully you will only have one bout of uveitis treated successfully and that it will never return. please know that we are here to help should your iritis become chronic or recurrent in nature. this is the place to learn about your disease and how to treat it. ask any questions that might arise as nothing is too trivial to ask.
make sure you have a tight fitting pair of wrap aound polarized sunglasses to help you cope with the bright lights.
make sure you shake the bottle of steroid eyedrops as directed as they have a difficult time suspending in the solution. if you are taking the generic prednisilone acetate make sure you shake the bottle for at least THREE MINUTES. instil the drop and then with the eye closed and the head tilted back, press in over the inside corner of the eye. this will prevent the medication from draining off the surface of the eye and it will be absorbed, No terrible aftertaste this way. then wait at least five minutes before putting in any other eyedrop.

Wishing you the very best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz