Curcumin use in Opthalmology

Addtional information on drugs and medications.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Boroboy

Curcumin use in Opthalmology

Post by Boroboy »

I thought this was an an interesting article, relating to the therapeutic treatment of Curcumin.
I have just started to take Curcumin capsules (95% pure), hopefully will show some therapeutic results. Relating to my on going eye issues & my arthritic condition.
From what I can gather, seems a very safe alternative treatment.
https://www.thieme-connect.de/ejournals ... 33-1351074
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Curcumin use in Opthalmology

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Curcumin didn't work for me but then again I don't have GI problems for which Curcumin MIGHT help when the NOD2 gene is present in Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. it has anti inflammatory properties. some with Sarcoidosis with GI tract disease seem to be helped with this but this is anecdotal.

thanks for sharing,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz
Boroboy

Post by Boroboy »

Mike Bartolatz wrote:Curcumin didn't work for me but then again I don't have GI problems for which Curcumin MIGHT help when the NOD2 gene is present in Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. it has anti inflammatory properties. some with Sarcoidosis with GI tract disease seem to be helped with this but this is anecdotal.

thanks for sharing,

Mike
Do you also suffer from any form of arthritis? If so, a number of years ago (10) :shock: Time flys. I tried devils claw supplements. Did seem to help with inflammation, but was not too kind on my stomach. At the time though, I was also stopping long term use of NSAID's (cox 2's), due to related stomach problems. So was a little inconclusive. Since those days I have been on Anti Tnf meds (Remicade & Humira). Mainly due to the fact that I'm unable to tolerate long term use of NSAID's, with or without stomach inhibitors present. Yet I found them very effective with arthritic pain control, especially Voltarol, which really wrecked my stomach.
Not had any stomach related problems so far with Curcumin.
Thanks.
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

I used NSAIDS for a number of years for arthritis, caused me stomach problems too. don't take them anymore. I have other pain meds available and use Tylenol (acetemenophen) too. I have osteoarthritis in my hips, back, neck, shoulders, elbows and hands and feet.

mike
Mike Bartolatz