Remission rates for adults after remicade?

Addtional information on drugs and medications.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

linclan5

Remission rates for adults after remicade?

Post by linclan5 »

I am a 53 year old female pan uveitis patient of Dr. Foster's. I have been on remicade for a year now and it has been a miracle; I have no uveitis symptoms or inflammation, and I have no side effects from the drug. Before this treatment I struggled with progressing disease for 2 years, trying steroids and methorexate. I will be on remicade for another year. I am wondering what the incidence of enduring remission in adults is after going off remicade. And if I have to go on it again, does it usually work again? Does anyone go into complete remission, with symptoms never coming back?
I have seen the study on relapse rates in children, and it is not very promising. Please let me know if there are studies on remission rates in adults. Thanks.
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Remission rates for adults after remicade?

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

I don't know of any studies in adults. remicade usually works best when combined with Methotrexate, cellcept or Imuran from what I've read. the drugs work in different ways on the immune sytem but together they seem to stop the recurrent nature of the beast. the main thing is to systemically treat any form of inflammation that occurs or the uveitis can return.

wish you the best,
mike
Mike Bartolatz