Durezol opthalmic eye drop

Addtional information on drugs and medications.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Mike Bartolatz

Durezol opthalmic eye drop

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

http://www.bio-medicine.org/medicine-te ... 29-3288-1/

promising new corticosteroid used to treat post surgical inflammation of the eye.
now in study for use in anterior uveitis.

mike
Mike Bartolatz
kdisimone

Re: Durezol opthalmic eye drop

Post by kdisimone »

Well, sadly my second case of iritis started about 2 weeks ago. The first case was over 4 years ago. I am HLA-B27 + and had a horrible first flare that finally ended in a steroid eye shot, glaucoma for a year and a small cataract.

Pred Forte hasn't been working again for me this time either. My doctor just put me on this new drop...took 2 days to make it to the pharmacy, it is so new. I am excited and hopeful that it will work better than PredForte for me, and keep me from having to go to oral steroids or a shot. I'll report back soon. Did I already mention how happy I am to have a small bit of hope in a new drug? :lol:
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Durezol opthalmic eye drop

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

as you get this bout under control, ask you doctor to put you on prescription strenght celebrex or dolobid(difusinal which is generic for this Oral NSAID) to see if you can stop the cycle of HLA B27 related uveitis.
this is what is called a 'steroid sparing approach' to treatment, minimizing the risk of glaucoma and growth of the cataract from steroid use in any form.

Wish you the best,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz