specialist in Africa - East Africa or South Africa?

Find an iritis/uveitis doctor close to you.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Post Reply
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:13 am

specialist in Africa - East Africa or South Africa?

Post by jaymcentee » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:26 am

Hi, I'm seeking an iritis specialist in East Africa, or failing that, South Africa. Perhaps visiting specialists?
Thanks for your help,

Posts: 353
Joined: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:41 am

Post by mtbargeman » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:08 pm

Dear Jay,

Sadly, I have not been able to find a specialist in your country. You might try Johannesburg or one of the larger cities there, but the closest thing I could even find to Africa was Turkey, and I don't think that will be very much help. Perhaps Mike can jump in here and help us out, but other than trying a large city in your country, and asking around there, I don't know what to say. You may have to travel to another country to recieve care for your condition.

I wish I could be of more service to you, and I wish you luck on this journey.


Mike Bartolatz
Posts: 6595
Joined: Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:58 pm

Post by Mike Bartolatz » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:44 pm

I know of noone in Africa, I wish I did. the closest would be in Italy or France, Germany Or the UK. our specialist list is available at http://www.uveitis.org in the patient information section of the site.

some individuals travel to the USA for care as well. DR Foster in Cambridge MA has many international patients the above linkis to his website for the Ocular Immunology and Uveitis Foundaton as well as the Massachussets Eye Research and Surgery Institute where he practices opthalmology and trains Fellows in the discipline of Ocular Immunology in conjuction with Harvard Medical School.

wish you the very best,
Mike Bartolatz

Post Reply