Splenda Syrup Recipes

Learn more about iritis and uveitis by reading related articles.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

mtbargeman

Splenda Syrup Recipes

Post by mtbargeman »

Hi, Yall.

From time to time, the subject of Splenda or other artificial sweeteners comes up. So many of us have taken Prednisone pills for so long that we have diabetes, or we have someone who, for a myriad other reasons, cannot use corn syrup or cane sugar.

For every cup of sugar, use HALF a cup of Splenda or Splenda Blend for Baking.

1c. water to 1/2 c. Splenda, brought to a hard boil while stirring constantly, then allowed to boil 1 minute before adding any flavoring, will make a nice syrup. After a minute, turn down the heat to medium, stirring constantly, til it is as thick as you want it. It keeps in the fridge for 1 week, but if you can it, it lasts longer, but still only a week after it is opened. After that, it loses its sweetness.

To make shortcakes, fruit sweeteners, etc, slice the fruit, then add 1/2 c. Splenda for every c. of fruit, turn to mix/coat, then cover and put it in the fridge for about two hours. The Splenda will mix with the fruit juice, and is excellent for dessert dishes.

YOu CAN make jelly or jam with Splenda. Do as instructed above , and when the syrup comes up, then use a potato masher or blender to mash up the fruit, make the jelly or jam as usual, but remember that you must raise the acid half again as much. Ex. for 1 c. lemon juice, use 1 1/2 cups lemon juice, or for four lemon slices, use six. Some folks do use Sure-Jell, but I refuse, because it's not how I learned, plus, it tastes weird.

HOpe this helps. I also hope I can figure out the Sticky function on here...
Mary