Glycine and Sleep disorder poss precurser to parkinsons

Learn more about iritis and uveitis by reading related articles.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Mike Bartolatz

Glycine and Sleep disorder poss precurser to parkinsons

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

http://www.bio-medicine.org/medicine-ne ... r-15306-1/

Glycine levels in the brain may cause violent limb movent during REM sleep which can lead to parkinson's disease within about 8 years
Last edited by Mike Bartolatz on Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mike Bartolatz
mtbargeman

WOW

Post by mtbargeman »

WOW-

That's kinda scary. I have RBD- ask the knot I laid in the middle of AJ's forehead last week in my sleep.

MAry
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

print out the article and give it to your doctors. how I found this I don't know Mary. it is strange how some times I find something like this while looking for sometihing about Uveitis and one of the members of the site will be able to use it as it applies to them.
I have restless limb disorder and my arms go nuts at times and I have smacked my wife accidentally while in my sleep. luckily she wasn't hurt.
since I started the Neurontin (gabapentin) my legs and arms aren't moving on their own so much. then again I'm asleep so I have to go by what my wife tells me on this. I fell much more refreshed in the morning too but I still become exhausted about 1:30 pm or so every day and need a nap.

Take care,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz
mtbargeman

Post by mtbargeman »

YEah. Valium reduced sleep- beatings from nightly to 3-4 times aweek for AJ. One night, I kicked him in the tailbone so hard, he screamed, and woke everybody up. I don't know why he still sleeps next to me. He REFUSES to go out to the couch. HE just lays there and takes it...

I'm going to print it out and ask the neuro- he actually gave my sleep-fighting tendency that name. I've done it for years, tho- my first husband used to wake up bruised from it, too, tho not NEARLY so often- usu. only if I was very very stressed, or sleeping in a strange place, like his parents' or a hotel room.

Thanks, Mike.

Mary
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Aj MUST like Pain :twisted:

wish you some relief from this affliction Mary. Mine isn't a 'fighting' thing, just my arms and legs fire off and go anywhere when I am very tired.

Take care,
mike
Mike Bartolatz
mtbargeman

Post by mtbargeman »

:lol: Me, too. And you as well.

Mary