Chronic Iritis and Fuchs Dystrophy?

Post here with questions about other autoimmune diseases or conditions.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

kristinaD

Chronic Iritis and Fuchs Dystrophy?

Post by kristinaD »

I have had recurring Iritis over the past 15 years, usually stubborn, +3/+4, but always resolves eventually. Maybe 1x/year? The last year I've had a stubborn, more chronic case that is much more controlled (+1, +2), but sluggishly responds and then flares about a month after taper. My eye pressures have increased to range between 24-28; however, I was diagnosed with Fuchs Dystrophy as well, which offsets the pressures down to 17-18. I'm trying to understand the relationship between the two, and the use of pred forte and how it might be affecting the cornea for Fuchs. I'm labeled as a "responder," currently also on Humira for ankylosing spondylitis, which I think is what is controlling the level of iritis/ inflammatory disease. I can't find any info on people who have both Fuchs Dystrophy and Iritis/Uveitis.
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Chronic Iritis and Fuchs Dystrophy?

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

you might go to http://www.uveitis.org and post a note to Dr Foster's forum asking about any relationship between the two conditions. I am ignorant about any possible connection between the two and an expert like doctor Foster should be able to respond to you. are you also on Methotrexate as the combination of MTX and Humira are often needed to put this stuff into remission. or another drug might need to be added but I am not a doctor and only a doctor can get you to remission.

wishing you the very best,
mike
Mike Bartolatz
Mike Bartolatz

Re: Chronic Iritis and Fuchs Dystrophy?

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

http://askcsf.yuku.com/ this is a link to the 'ask dr Foster a question' forum. you will have to join yuku to post however.

wish you the best,
mike
Mike Bartolatz