pars planitis and another autoimmune disease?

Post here with questions about other autoimmune diseases or conditions.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Mike Bartolatz

Re: pars planitis and another autoimmune disease?

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

The thing I don't understand is why the cheaper blood tests weren't ordered first for the HLA DR2 and DR15 haplotypes (genes) seen in MS and pars planitis and the neuromyelitis optica, NMO IgG antibody tests
which could show predisposition to transverse myelitis since the white out was most likely related to Uhthoff's sign/symptom.
I guess that's why I am not a doctor.....................

I wish we had a single payer system of medical care here in the USA so allot of this stuff wouldn't bankrupt people. call your insurance company and get the appointment approved with DR Dahl indicating he is the ONLY opthalmologist with fellowhip training in intermediate Uveitis/pars planitis. he has the diagnositic tools to evaluate your husband. I would think that some of these tests should be covered by your insurance company too. you might ask them about this.

the second doctor of the neurologists suggested by DR Dahl is a neuro-opthalmologist with testing available for evoked potentials test if Dr Dahl doesn't have the equipment. other expertise in demyelinating diseases would be known to him as well as about the Anti NMO IgG test etc

wish you the best,
mike
Mike Bartolatz
Blondienbrunnette

Post by Blondienbrunnette »

Well mike, today is the big day. MRI!!! Hopefully all goes well. I will let you know how it went. We probably won't get the resutls until monday but not sure.. Will let you know ASAP.
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

I hope that a diagnosis will come from the MRI. Tell your husband we are all waiting.

Wish you the best,
mike
Mike Bartolatz
Blondienbrunnette

Mri went very good today. The guy that did it was very nice and helpful in any questions my husband had. He said it would probably be 2-3 business days until we get the results from the doctor. Which I called gthe doctors office and she said no more than a week. So we are looking at the first of next week until we get the results. So I will let you know ASAP when we get the results.
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

lets hope all is well!
mike
Mike Bartolatz
Blondienbrunnette

My dad is at the ER right now. He had what we thought could have been a kidney infection or prostatitis a couple of weeks ago. Then last week still some burning and this week intermitten fevers. Well this morning he woke up with bad back pain and pure blood when he urinated.

My mom just texted me..they were suppose to be checking for kidney stones and didnt see any on the ct scan. My mom said earlier if they didn't see any stones they were going to check for kidney cancer...They are giving him an antibiotic and told him to come back if it doesnt get any better..I'm confused now.
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Wow! when it rains it pours in your family!

I hope this will resolve quickly for your father in law !

Your family will be in my throughts and prayers,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz
Blondienbrunnette

Oh thats my dad. My father is realy sick right now with congestion in his chest he isnt feeling well at all!!!

Also, they turned my grandma's pace maker off monday for problems with it. I think it was recalled im not for sure. It has been beeping for 4-5 months!!! It's turned OFF and a new one isnt being placed until this coming monday!! SEVEN days with no pace maker and her heart is not good!! And my husbands grandpa (which we are really close to) was having chest pains the other day scared me. And my husbands aunt was having surgery to remove a tumor she had that was causing her to not be able to breathe very well!! They are checking to see if it was cancerous or not..GEEEZ something has to give ya know?

When it rains it pours and when it pours it floods here!
Blondienbrunnette

sorry typo My father in law is sick with congestion in his chest***
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

you must be a nervous wreck with all this stuff going on,

try to take some time for yourself to relax, eat chocolate and take a hot bath.

wish you some relief from all of this,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz
Blondienbrunnette

Chocolate is my favorite!!:) Might do just that today. Just texteds my mother in law to see how FIL was feeling. She said about the same and his face was starting to droop a little yesterday. He had bells palsy last year or 2 years ago it was bad...

Definately ready for everyone to be healthly!!!
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

does he have MS symptoms and uveitis? Lyme disease can cause bells palsey and mimick MS and have Bells Palsey as a component and can cause intermediate uveitis and iritis.

mike
Mike Bartolatz
Blondienbrunnette

I don't know where the bells palsy is coming from. His mother is the one that had ms. Remember when I told you he had dropped some food at work on day and it went everywhere. That was another odd symptom to me. But I know he does have thyroid problems also.
Blondienbrunnette

sarcoidosis causes bells palsy to, right?
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

I can't recall specifically if Sarcoidosis had Bell's palsey as a component. it might through compression of nerves in the face from blood vessels as occurs with sjogren's and SLE.

I drops things too like my glass of water while at dinner as well as my fork at times.

thryroid disease might impact nerves in the face but I can't recall off hand. it can cause swelling behind the eyes for example.
you would have to google bell's palsey and the above conditions. especially transient effects since it went away.

wish you the best,
mike
Mike Bartolatz