My Iritis Experience, Hope it Helps!

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Titan29

My Iritis Experience, Hope it Helps!

Post by Titan29 »

When I was approximately 18 years old I got Iritis for the first time. It was misdiagnosed as "Pink Eye" and within a week or so of that diagnosis it had gotten exponentially worse. I eventually had to get a steroid shot behind my eye. If anyone has had to have that done then you can imagine the horror, lol. Even though it really didn't hurt at all, seeing a needle in 3D coming at your eye sucks!!

Over the next 20 years I would get Iritis about every 3-4 years. As the years went on, even the shots behind my eye would not instantly remedy the problem, the issue with my eye would last for as long as 5 weeks. The doctor did mention it could be linked to Ankylosing Spondylitis.

When I was about 37 years old, for general health reasons, I decided I wanted to start vegetable juicing since I was never one to eat many vegetables. I can tell you now, at 51 years of age, the Iritis has never returned, knock on wood. I can't help but think my body, while perhaps having Ankylosing Spondylitis, or even some form of Arthritis, or Eczema and Psoriasis, may have never been getting the nutrition to fight back, be healthy.

I feel quite confident that if I continue to juice atleast 2 weeks out of every month that it could very well never come back. I might be kidding myself, but to date all is well.

My veggie juices, and I use a blender so I consume even the pulp, consists of: kale, spinach, garlic, turmeric, ginger, lemon peel, apple cider vinegar, carrots, tomatoes, green olives, parsley, cilantro. This is very high alkaline, so if anyone chooses to give it a shot, please consult your doctor as I am clearly not a professional and only here to tell you what seems to work for me. I hope it helps, because I well know how bad this condition is, and how much it hurts. Side note, I also substitute, every so often, the kale and spinach with red chard and other green and red leafy vegetables, and I try and use all organic as much as I can.
Titan29

Re: My Iritis Experience, Hope it Helps!

Post by Titan29 »

I did post about this back in 2015. Just trying to keep it relevant, and everyone posted. Juicing may or may not be why my Iritis has not returned, but just seems like too much a coincidence. But yes, I do have a doctor also that I would go directly to immediately if it were to return for further tests.