Irregular pupil shape when dilated

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

Samuraiilife

Irregular pupil shape when dilated

Post by Samuraiilife »

Hi everyone!

My names Aaron and I was diagnosed with anterior iritis on 12/27/18. When I first administered the dilating drops my pupil would dilate in a large round circle . Now on my second week of treatment I’ve noticed my pupil dilated but it’s irregular in shape like a tear drop, but when the dilation wears off it returns to a normal, round shape. Anyone else deal with this? And also is it possible to have posterior synchaie and then it suddenly release ? I’m new to all of this and trying to gather as much information about this disease as I can . Thanks and love to you all!

Aaron
vancouver

Re: Irregular pupil shape when dilated

Post by vancouver »

Dilation is very important. Don't let it wear out.
Dilation fights formation of synechiae.
vancouver

Post by vancouver »

When u have synechiae, pupil does look more circular as pupil gets smaller. I can't see my substantial synechiae when eye is not dilated. Make sure doc knows about adhesion and that drug is strong enough. I used cyclopentolate. My synechiae released by itself. Pupil
Also gets smaller and circular when synechiae releases.
Try taking drop of dilating agent when pupil gets smaller
To see if pupil remains circular.
Samuraiilife

Post by Samuraiilife »

Thanks for replying and helping me out guys. The synechaie released, thank god. But now they said there’s endo pigment in my cornea, and my astigmatism has got worse. Is this normal for after having posterior synechaie and you think it will go away ? And did any of you experience worse astigmatism after iritis flare up, or could it just be because of the Pred forte and it will go back to normal after ?

Iritis just brings a snow ball of issues :( glad to have a place of support to go to . Appreciate y’all.