Hair coloring and Medications

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

mtbargeman

Hair coloring and Medications

Post by mtbargeman »

Hi, Yall!

This week I learned that certain drugs we take for our various disease processes make our hair absorb and react to hair dyes differently. I am 34 years old. I have colored my hair since I was a teen, because I have grays over some surgical scars. On my 30th birthday, I noticed grays for the first time elsewhere in my head. I felt I wasn't mature enough yet for gray hair to occur anywhere else than over a scar. For my birthday in September, I dyed my hair black. Normally, it is a dark chestnut brown. I had had my hair black once in my twenties, and when I got tired of it, I simply stripped the color and re-dyed it. This time around, I was just tired of covering my roots, and decided I was mature enough to go gray, after all. According to my two-inch roots, I was gray as a rabbit, anyway. So I decided I would strip it out and be a blonde for a month, because I'd never been an actual blonde- it always turned out red and very gingery. One last hurrah, right? WRONG!!

My two-inch roots are currently a beautiful shade of blonde. Then there is a quick-fade into very deep red, then to dark brown. The part of my hair that was still black is striped, rather like a tabby cat. My kids and my husband say folks actually pay money to look like this, but for the life of me, I cannot imagine why. If you take biologics, such as Humira or Remicade for your condition, or if you take any Immune-Modulating therapy, be advised that these drugs can change the way your body absorbs everything from other meds to the food you eat to the dye you put in your hair. I look as if I cannot choose between auditioning to be a Troll doll in the Macy's Parade, or auditioning for a part in Cats. I feel like a circus freak.

Be Careful with your hair, people. It's going to take a long time to grow this mess out. If anyone has a nice wig they'd like to donate until my hair grows back, I can shave my head and start over. Otherwise, I'm stuck. This is not going to help my job prospects...

Mary
Michealleo

Re: Hair coloring and Medications

Post by Michealleo »

Well thanks for sharing this info . But still i believe that colouring to ur hairs or for anyone isn't good for hairs health . Because there's hairs colouring creams contains very bad chamicals those can make our hairs weak .