How Vision Loss Affects Mental Health

Post here to exchange iritis general information and support with others.

Moderators: Mike Bartolatz, kwork

mtbargeman

How Vision Loss Affects Mental Health

Post by mtbargeman »

Hi, Yall!

Here is an article about vision loss and hoe it affects a person's mental health.
http://www.bukisa.com/articles/269118_h ... tal-health
Mike Bartolatz

Re: How Vision Loss Affects Mental Health

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

Mary, the link isn't working.

mike
Mike Bartolatz
mtbargeman

Post by mtbargeman »

Mike-
I hit the link and went right to the article.
Mary
Mike Bartolatz

Post by Mike Bartolatz »

I got it to work just now. an error message kept coming up earlier.

nice article,
Mike
Mike Bartolatz
mtbargeman

Post by mtbargeman »

Hi, Mike-

Yeah, I've had the same error messages from that site. Not sure what is up. I am going to wait and see if they can get the issue resolved, then decide whether I want to find another publisher.I understand that htese things happen, but I can't afford to wait around for them to work out the bugs.

Mary
Sheila

Post by Sheila »

Good article, Mary. I have been asked to write a similar essay, regarding vision loss and the ability to dream (not just dreaming while asleep, but, more specifically, the ability to dream about our futures). I'm glad you have published this ... I discovered rather quickly how very little is on the internet about the effects of vision loss on mental health. This is going to be one of my personal crusades, if I can ever think straight again ... hahaha!
Sheila

Post by Sheila »

I read the comments about the link malfunctioning. I'd like to post it on my Facebook page ... we'll see. Plus, posting a link to that article is cool, as you're credited for it, right? I used to know all this sort of stuff, but as I mentioned, brain-no-worky-well-no-more ... :shock:
mtbargeman

Post by mtbargeman »

Sheila-

Yes, YOu can publish this link. It does send the seeker directly to the article, so you aren't stealing. In fact, you would be helping me.

I think that vision loss affects our ability to dream only to the extent we allow it do so. OK, I'll never drive in the demolition derby. I can help afriend choose their car for the derby, or give tips about which cars are best for a beginner. I can't drive a car, but I can ride a horse. I'm color blind, so I can't paint. I can draw with charcoal, because i see black and white very well. Vision loss will change everything about us, it is true. It doesn't change whether can dream, just how we handle the ones we used to have, and which ones we dream now. I'm still a writer. Sent my book to the publisher just the other day....

Keep Your Head Up,

Mary